~ Massage Therapy ~
- SWEDISH FULL BODY RELAXATION MASSAGE - Swedish massage most commonly utilizes long, gliding strokes to relax the body and instill deep relaxation. Swedish massage is a wonderful choice for stress relief, increasing circulation and the levels of oxygen in the blood, increasing flexibility and range of motion, and releasing muscle toxins and restrictions. Other types of strokes included in Swedish massage are kneading, percussion-like tapping, and stretching.
- MYOFASCIAL RELEASE - Fascia is the body’s connective tissue. It surrounds and stabilizes each and every muscle and organ within the body. Myofascial release is a soft technique that utilizes gentle, sustained pressure to connect with the body’s connective tissue and facilitate the release of restrictions. This technique, while very light, has the potential to create space in the body for much deeper work.
- CRANIOSACRAL WORK - Craniosacral Massage is a gentle, noninvasive bodywork that focuses on the bones of the skull, the vertebral column and the sacrum, or lower back. This work is mainly focused on relieving compression throughout these areas to alleviate stress, pain, headaches, and overall body discomfort. Craniosacral work is also useful to quiet a busy mind, reduce anxiety and agitation, and restore a sense of wellbeing and emotional comfort.
- ACUPRESSURE - Acupressure is based on the concept that the body contains meridians, or energy channels that run throughout the body and serve as a highway system for energy to flow. Holding specific points along these channels can bring the body’s awareness to that point of potential blockage and allow the body to gently release them and return to a sense of balance.
- POLARITY WORK - Polarity work focuses on the energetic patterns of the body in relation to the positive, negative and neutral states of the physical body. Polarity usually involves a series of holds in to facilitate a sense of balance and bring the body back into a state of homeostasis.
- PREGNANCY MASSAGE - Massage for the expecting mother at any time during the course of her pregnancy. As a complement to prenatal care, massage can help to relieve discomforts associated with pregnancy such as edema, leg cramps, headaches and backaches, and stiff necks. Massage for the pregnant woman can also help to regulate sleep patterns and allow for fuller nights of sleep, in addition to relieving symptoms of anxiety or depression due to hormonal changes.
- CHILDREN'S MASSAGE - Sacred Space honors ALL bodies…and children are no exception!! Children may benefit from massage as therapeutic touch can help to calm agitation and reduce stress, allowing for greater mental clarity and focus. It can also improve motor and cognitive development and nurture a greater awareness of healthy touch and positive self-image.