Animals, like people, benefit from Reiki. Whether you have cats, dogs, birds, fish, ferrets, horses, or other larger animals, Reiki can help your pets.
Reiki works well with animals for the same reasons it works well on children and people of all ages. Have you ever noticed that when you pet an animal, he rolls over to receive more or looks at you with pleading eyes or sighs? Animals respond to loving touch and intention. Reiki is another way to help your animals feel better.
Reiki can be given to animals in the following situations:
- When they are ill: Reiki helps the healing process and works with any type of medical intervention.
- When they are young or old: You can use Reiki on an animal of any age or situation.
- When they have been through a trauma: Animals can use loving energy after they've experienced any type of abuse, loss, or move, or if they seem to exhibit depression or other behavioral disorder. Even if you don't know what the problem is, Reiki can help.
Intention is the single most important factor in the success of a Reiki treatment. As the Reiki Practitioner, we place our intention for the highest level of healing for the animal and ask that we be a pure channel of Reiki energy. Healing is not from us, but through us.
Here are the general techniques we may use on your animals:
- Distant Reiki: This type of Reiki can be performed from anywhere, so we don't need to be near the animal to do this. We can use this technique to treat any trauma an animal might have suffered in the past or to help the animal with any event in the future.
- Beaming Reiki from across the room: This allows the practitioner to connect with the animal from a safe distance before moving closer.
- Reiki with hands hovering over the body: Some pets tolerate this type of Reiki for a longer period of time than hands-on Reiki.
- Hands-on Reiki: Adapting the standard hand positions for humans to your pet. Some animals are much smaller, but the basic idea of anatomy is the same.
- Group Reiki: For larger animals, especially horses or large dogs, a few people can perform Reiki simultaneously, sending much love and healing at once.
Giving Reiki to a sick animal helps the human companions of animals as much as it helps the animals themselves.
As is the case for humans, Reiki healing sometimes leads to a curing of an animal's illness, but it may also lead to a peaceful death. Reiki doesn't change the natural order of events, but it enhances the experience by giving a dose of love.
NOTE: Because most animals are more comfortable in their own environment, this is a service that we travel to your location. We want your pet to feel safe and be assured that we are there to help.